Sunday, August 14, 2011

Could my cat get sick from licking a plastic bag that was in a room that was trated with bug killer?

I treated my upstairs bedrooms with Raid- House and garden spray since we have been over run with Spiders as of late. I did everything right. I closed off both rooms, baracaded my 4 cats in the downstairs living room, sprayed the room entirely, opened windows, put fans on, and let it sit for about an hour and a half. The bottle advised me to let it sit for 15 min, but with my animals, i decided to let it go a lot longer to ensure proper drying and ventilating. Well, everything was ok. I the animal poison control line and talked to a lady to make sure it wouldnt harm my cats and she said as long as it was dry things would be ok. My fear right now is, Dahlia- our 4 year old (special) cat LOVES to lick plastic bags at night. I think its comforting to her.I was sleeping last night and woke to her licking a bag that I realized later on was in the room when I sprayed the room. Im fearing that she may have ingested it, if it hit the bag. She doesnt seem sick, but should I be worried?

No comments:

Post a Comment