Saturday, August 13, 2011

I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired..What should i do?

I'm 21 & fresh College grad in Business Admin.My father is an alcoholic & has been like that way before I was born.My mom left us to work abroad when i was 6 coz of my dad's abusive behavior & alcoholism.I just learned last September that my mom has a new family in Germany w/ a 7 yr old son.I feel so dejected & alone w/ my alcoholic dad who frequently drinks almost everyday & becomes loud, angry & doesn't care if he turns on the radio so loud & disturbs the neighbors. I feel greatly ashame, helpless & hopeless w/ my situation. I feel anger, shame, guilt, fear most of the time even though i try hard to pray & be optimistic, be a good person & cling on to God's mercy that someday I will be set free from this situation I’m in for so so long. I feel it’s so unfair that I have to go thru this kind of life. My dad didn't have work & it was my granddad & aunts who supported us financially, basic necessities (both for my dad & grandma) & my education. I tried to advice my dad but he won't listen.I am so sick & tired & desperately want to live a happy, normal & successful life free from living in worry & fear everytime I go home finding my dad drunk again that I would intentionally go home from school late at night when he is asleep already & the house is peaceful again.I feel miserable finding no place to stay and it’s scary to be out there in the streets even if I am tired from school and longs to go home and have a good rest or sometimes prefer to surf the net in an internet café until late at night rather than bear the shame hiding in my room crying & enduring my dad’s wastedness. I feel a bit better since currently I am working in my aunt’s café for almost a year now as a graveyard shift cashier just so I could escape the painful situation at home since I have a room to sleep in our café where I can run to when I don’t want to sleep at home bec. of my dad.I am earning below minimum wage w/c is enough since my aunt takes care of our utilities. But now I decided to leave my current job to earn bigger & make use of my College degree. But I’m afraid that I have to live the hell like before, cold, scared out in the streets bec. my aunt won’t accept me in the café anymore once I decided to work in another company. I don’t want to live in my aunt’s place coz I don’t want to be a burden to them. They live in a posh subdivision since they are pretty well-off. Do you think I would survive if I decided to find a better job like in a call center, earn a lot of money there so I can afford to find a place on my own so I could try as much as possible avoid living in hell w/ my dad? But will a sensitive person like me with low self-esteem survive in a call center job? I can’t think of faster and decent way to earn big. If I choose a corporate position, im afraid basic pay is barely enough I feel sorry too for my grandma had a stroke & Alzheimer’s & uses a wheelchair to carry her around & is tended by 3 caregivers provided by my aunt .In our culture, kids still must care for their parents, so is this plan of mine to move for my own’s sake make me a bad & selfish person bec. I won’t have much time to take care of my grandma if I would live like a transient. Will my dad see the light that he’s gonna lose me if he won’t change?

No comments:

Post a Comment